The story about this property is extremely interesting!
In the early 1960`s, this ¾ acre property was severed off the adjacent farmland. The house was moved to this property from an army base near Sarnia at the time of highway 402 construction. The addition of two bedrooms on the east send of the house was completed upon arrival. From 1962 to 1965, the home was the Nairn Mennonite Church manse for Rev. Zehr and his family. The porch at the front of the manse had two entrances-one directly into the minister`s office and the other leading into the family home. The house and property were sold in 1965 to Edna and Fred Nordemann, who in 1977 sold it to the current owners. Since owning the property, The Watsons have reduced the number of entrance doors to one and added a great room to the west end of the home and built a free standing garage at the far end of the property.
The garage offered an ideal opportunity for mounting a barn quilt. Shirley and Don noticed this design, when on a trip to Shipshewana, Indiana. With Dutch heritage, the red, white and blue of the spinning windmill design seemed a great choice. It is a lovely design and so visible from the road!
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Don and Shirley Watson
26370 Bear Creek Road, Aisla Craig, ON
Latitude : 43.1106 Longitude : -81.54132