Established in 1796, Vittoria remained untouched by the Americans during the War of 1812 despite having been surrounded by troops. In 1815, a courthouse with jail and registry office was constructed making Vittoria the most active and important commercial centre between Niagara Falls and Detroit. This distinction lasted for nearly a decade until the night of St. John’s Day, 1825 when fire destroyed the courthouse.
Hosted by Lamport Park
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Lamport Park
Old Brock Street, Vittoria, ON
Latitude : 42.762020 Longitude : -80.323054