Log Cabin – Originally Smoak’s Corners, the village once located here became known as Middlemarch, named after George Elliott’s novel. One of the three American rail lines that once passed through Elgin County, the Chesapeake and Ohio, was built near the corner, c. 1900, where today a plaque with historic photos stands. Fingal Line is the original Talbot Road, surveyed c. 1810. The barn was built in 1912.
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Shaw Barn
38662 Fingal Line, St. Thomas, ON
Latitude : 42.76218, Longitude : -81.25365