A mill was built in this location c. 1801, and the land acquired by Captain Thomas Perrin Sr. in the early 1800s. In 1811, Perrin raised a militia flank company of settlers. Known as “Captain Barefoot” to his men, he later led Perrin’s Company 5th Lincoln Militia at Lundy’s Lane. Perrin’s mill was torched on Nov. 6, 1814 during McArthur’s Raid, but was quickly rebuilt.
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Cold Creek
Cold Creek Water Wheel
109 War Road, Brant
Latitude : 43.066727 Longitude : -80.278570