Oil – The Fairfield Moravian diary first notes the presence of an oil spring on a steep river bank in April 29, 1792. The First Nations people used it as medicine for rheumatism, toothaches, headaches and burns.
August 23, 1802: the Moravian missionaries describe the smell of oil bubbling and spreading on the land. Scooping up the oil with a feather duster, it took three hours to gather a quart of oil.
Painted by the Bothwell 2nd Scounts. Located close to the Bothwell-Zone Oil Museum.
5125 Longwoods Rd, Bothwell, ON
Latitude : 42.599476 Longitude : -81.886634