This quilt, one of the earliest patterns in Canada, pays tribute to the 2 log cabins on site. The oldest cabin is the Rodman Cabin built in 1856 and originally situated just north of the Museum Village on the Isaac Rodman property. The second log cabin was moved to the village in 1969 and was from Manvers Township and is approximately from the 1860’s. It was donated by Mr. & Mrs. J.K.Lawrence who were owners of the Nestlton General Store at the time. The traditional pattern of this quilt shows the red hearth, the green of the forests, the yellow of the fields and the sun.
Name of sponsor of Barn Quilt : Scugog Shores Museum Village, Scugog Shores Museum
The Log Cabin Quilt
16210 Island Road L9L 1B4, Port Perry, ON
Latitude : 44.11232 Longitude : -78.92013