Grist Mill

Grist Mill Barn Quilt


1267 2nd Concession Road
Port Rowan

John Backhouse, the original owner of the Backhouse Grist Mill, was a Colonel in the Norfolk Militia as well as the local Justice of the Peace. The gristmill was built in 1798 and was one of the few mills not burned during the McArthur Raids in the War of 1812. It stayed in operation until 1957 and is now a National Historic Site of Canada.

Hosted by: 
Backus Conservation Area
Quilt Trail Membership: 
Share This Page: