Courthouse Steps

Courthouse Steps Barn Quilt

Location

Old Brock Street
Vittoria

Established in 1796, Vittoria remained untouched by the Americans during the War of 1812 despite having been surrounded by troops. In 1815, a courthouse with jail and registry office was constructed making Vittoria the most active and important commercial centre between Niagara Falls and Detroit. This distinction lasted for nearly a decade until the night of St. John’s Day, 1825 when fire destroyed the courthouse.

Hosted by: 
Lamport Park
Quilt Trail Membership: 
Share This Page: http://obqt.ca/KDGVR