Sources for Cash Donations & Sponsors
Barn quilts are catching the eyes of corporate sponsors. Agribusiness, banks, insurance companies, paint companies and hardware stores are obvious corporate sponsors. Negotiate an exchange of cash or materials for brand promotion. Many trails invite the barn hosts and local businesses along the trail route to ‘Pay to Play’.
Local Sponsors (Example from Native Women’s Trail of Tears)
- Barn Quilt Hosts – barn owners, property owners donated $250/block
- Businesses owners on the trail route paid $800/block to host
- Municipalities, Band Councils (e.g. Arts/Culture,Economic Development Committees, or Public Works Departments) $150/block
Garages, barns for storage and block preparation prior to painting.
Community centres, schools for painting. Need washrooms, heat, comfort for volunteers.
Province of Ontario:
- Trillium Foundation www.otf.ca Arts & Culture
- Arts & Culture Grants www.grants.gov.on.ca Culture or Tourism
Government of Canada:
- Canadian Heritage www.pch.gc.ca Building communities through Arts & Culture
- Aviva Community Fund Grants www.avivacommunityfund.org
- Casino Rama Economic Development Fund
- Language & Culture Committees
- Land Claim Trusts