Water Wheel


109 War Road

A mill was built in this location c. 1801, and the land acquired by Captain Thomas Perrin Sr. in the early 1800s. In 1811, Perrin raised a militia flank company of settlers. Known as “Captain Barefoot” to his men, he later led Perrin’s Company 5th Lincoln Militia at Lundy’s Lane. Perrin’s mill was torched on Nov. 6, 1814 during McArthur’s Raid, but was quickly rebuilt.

Quilt Trail Membership: 
Share This Page: http://obqt.ca/c2M3E